Dec 29, 2012 / 12:25 pm
The wet weather continues to cause havoc on local roads.
A number of accidents have been reported in the area, including a head-on collision between a truck and a SUV in the 3500 block of Glenmore Road North.
Paramedics removed two people from their vehicles, one of which was taken to hospital.
Glenmore Road has since been re-opened in both directions.
And Okanagan residents planning to drive up to Sun Peaks Resort today may encounter some problems.
According to DriveBC, highway 5 is open to single lane alternating traffic 15 kilometres north of the Heffley Creek Exit because of a vehicle incident. The road is expected to open between 2 p.m. and 6 p.m. Saturday afternoon.
Hwy. 5 has now been re-opened.
Check your route on DriveBC before heading out the door.
There is compact snow and slippery sections on Highway 97C in both directions, but the dense fog experienced the past few days is not as intense.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Reaction mixed to Gordon truck route May 24
- A 'purrfect' time to adopt May 24
- Water levels lower on Mission Creek May 24
- Brace yourself for higher gas prices May 24
- Fat Cats looking for cool cats May 23
- Victor Walk impacts Kelowna May 23
- Dangerous Dog Act challenged May 23
- Early morning fire May 23
- Marina moving along May 22
- Kelowna closes all sportfields May 22