Scotiabank robbed; suspect in custody
Dec 28, 2012 / 11:39 am
Kelowna RCMP officers had a suspect in custody less than three minutes after a report of a robbery at the Scotia Bank yesterday afternoon.
On December 27, 2012 at 2:57 pm, the Kelowna RCMP received a report of a robbery in progress at the Scotia Bank located at 1835 Dilworth Drive.
A man apparently entered the bank and forced his way behind the counter, taking money from the till.
Before fleeing the scene, the man was confronted by another customer outside of the bank. He managed to evade the attempted arrest and fled on foot with an undisclosed amount of cash.
By 3 pm however, police had the man in custody a short distance away behind the Bank of Montreal.
No weapon was produced or recovered and the money was recovered incidental to arrest.
The investigation remains active and ongoing.
A 48 year old Kelowna man faces potential charges of Robbery, Utter Threats and Wear a Disguise With Intent. He has been held in custody to appear in Court later today.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Grad party rollover May 20
- Annual regatta is largest in BC Interior May 19
- Rutland May Day Parade video May 19
- Kasugai Gardens open into the evening May 19
- The Week in Review May 19
- Rutland May Days' information May 18
- Knox Mtn. Hill Climb crash May 18
- Gas prices spike ahead of long weekend May 18
- More eyes in the sky May 18
- Body recovered from Ok Lake May 17