Wish Tree appears in Kelowna
Dec 27, 2012 / 11:20 am
Nobody knows who started it, but a tree on the corner of Raymer and McClure has been adorned with heartfelt wishes from Kelowna residents.
Dubbed the “Wish Tree”, the messages hung so far have ranged from seasonal greetings to gift suggestions for Santa.
“It’s nice to read some of the things people have written,” said Andrew Mckay, who was just walking by.
"It brought a smile to my face."
This is the first year the tree has been used in this way, but it is likely to become a yearly tradition.
Pencils and tags are available nearby in a waterproof box for anyone interested in contributing their holiday wish.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- RCMP look for man with a gun Jun 19
- Clark rescinds raises; Dix claims victory Jun 19
- Rainfall warning in effect Jun 19
- 900 days on the water Jun 19
- Malls head list of corporate taxpayers Jun 19
- Mayor defends $800K spiffy biffy Jun 18
- Hells Angels member gets 26 months Jun 18
- Bridging the gap to detox Jun 18
- RCMP confirm suspicious death Jun 18
- Council wants say on new Cop Shop Jun 18