Wish Tree appears in Kelowna
Dec 27, 2012 / 11:20 am
Nobody knows who started it, but a tree on the corner of Raymer and McClure has been adorned with heartfelt wishes from Kelowna residents.
Dubbed the “Wish Tree”, the messages hung so far have ranged from seasonal greetings to gift suggestions for Santa.
“It’s nice to read some of the things people have written,” said Andrew Mckay, who was just walking by.
"It brought a smile to my face."
This is the first year the tree has been used in this way, but it is likely to become a yearly tradition.
Pencils and tags are available nearby in a waterproof box for anyone interested in contributing their holiday wish.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
Okanagan Regional Library
- Creating community Dec 7
- Disabled person given the squeeze Dec 7
- Free Wi-Fi Dec 7
- Jail for man who beat his grandfather Dec 7
- Another transit driver assaulted Dec 6
- Paper carrier struck down Dec 6
- Kelowna taxpayers face hike Dec 6
- Tree of Memories honours loved ones Dec 5
- Santa goes hog wild with toy donations Dec 5
- Women's shelter launches text campaign Dec 5