Wish Tree appears in Kelowna
Dec 27, 2012 / 11:20 am
Nobody knows who started it, but a tree on the corner of Raymer and McClure has been adorned with heartfelt wishes from Kelowna residents.
Dubbed the “Wish Tree”, the messages hung so far have ranged from seasonal greetings to gift suggestions for Santa.
“It’s nice to read some of the things people have written,” said Andrew Mckay, who was just walking by.
"It brought a smile to my face."
This is the first year the tree has been used in this way, but it is likely to become a yearly tradition.
Pencils and tags are available nearby in a waterproof box for anyone interested in contributing their holiday wish.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Rutland May Days' information May 18
- Knox Mtn. Hill Climb crash May 18
- Gas prices spike ahead of long weekend May 18
- More eyes in the sky May 18
- Body recovered from Ok Lake May 17
- City Hall to ask elected MLAs for cash May 17
- Cyclist hit on Baron Rd. May 16
- Collision causes gas spill May 16
- Cross-dressing groper on the loose May 16
- Kelowna crime down in first quarter May 15