Wish Tree appears in Kelowna
Dec 27, 2012 / 11:20 am
Nobody knows who started it, but a tree on the corner of Raymer and McClure has been adorned with heartfelt wishes from Kelowna residents.
Dubbed the “Wish Tree”, the messages hung so far have ranged from seasonal greetings to gift suggestions for Santa.
“It’s nice to read some of the things people have written,” said Andrew Mckay, who was just walking by.
"It brought a smile to my face."
This is the first year the tree has been used in this way, but it is likely to become a yearly tradition.
Pencils and tags are available nearby in a waterproof box for anyone interested in contributing their holiday wish.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
Okanagan Regional Library
- All aboard the Santa Sleigh Bus Dec 9
- FortisBC offers Union binding arbitration Dec 9
- Glenmore food drive tonight Dec 9
- Garage fire quickly knocked down Dec 9
- Thrift store celebrates 10 years strong Dec 9
- Big White Sweater Ball Dec 9
- Christmas display going up at Kerry Park Dec 9
- Castanet's Week in Review Dec 8
- Kelowna teens 'write for rights' Dec 8
- Paper carrier waits for crucial surgery Dec 8