Family friendly New Year's Eve
Dec 31, 2012 / 10:31 am
A “New York New Year’s 2012” family event will be held at Jim Stuart Park tonight in Kelowna from 6 to 9 p.m.
Fireworks will launch just after 9 p.m.
The free, family-friendly, event will be similar to “First Night” celebrations in other communities.
Other activities and entertainment for a wide range of ages and tastes include:
• Live musical performances on the stage
• “Snow Zone” drop-in activity stations (i.e. snowball toss, tube ride races, craft stations)
• Special lighting effects
• New Year’s Countdown
• Fireworks show
Big White will be buzzing with New Year’s celebrations. The whole family can celebrate together in Happy Valley from 4 p.m. with après ski and live music. From 5 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. there will be a free bonfire and hot chocolate beside the skating rink.
At 6 p.m. head down to Sk8ers in the Happy Valley Day Lodge for kids games, music, dancing and fun for everyone, including popcorn, cotton candy, inflatables and mascots.
There will also be a Youth Disco from 8 p.m. to 10 p.m. The first fireworks display is at 8 p.m. in Happy Valley, with another show at midnight in the village. These are the biggest fireworks shows of the season, they are not to be missed.
A New Year's Eve Torchlight Parade & Fireworks 2012 will be held at Silver Star.
The parade begins at 8 p.m. and the fireworks show will commence after the final flare has been extinguished.
To participate in the Torchlight Parade, please sign up at the Information Desk in the Village, call on (250) 558 6019 or email on [email protected]
For Participants: Please meet at 7 p.m. in front of ski school for a safety talk.
Apex Mountain Resort will celebrate New Year's with fireworks from 6 p.m. to midnight.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
Okanagan Regional Library
- Another transit driver assaulted Dec 6
- Paper carrier struck down Dec 6
- Kelowna taxpayers face hike Dec 6
- Tree of Memories honours loved ones Dec 5
- Santa goes hog wild with toy donations Dec 5
- Women's shelter launches text campaign Dec 5
- Neighbourhood crime map Dec 5
- Yacht club build behind schedule Dec 5
- New services to 'Bridge' gap for addicts Dec 5
- Powder chair now open at Big White Dec 5