Glenwood garage fire
Dec 24, 2012 / 7:20 am
At approximately 11 p.m. Kelowna Fire Department received several 911 calls of a garage on fire behind 569 Glenwood Rd.
The first engine company to arrive reported that the garage in the back alley was fully involved with a truck inside and flames approximately 10 metres in the air.
Firefighters were able to contain the fire to the structure but the garage and truck were completely destroyed.
Three engines, 1 Rescue, 1 Command Unit and 15 firefighters responded to the scene with assistance from BCAS and RCMP.
The cause of the fire is yet unknown but is considered suspicious.
No injuries were reported.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Rutland May Days' information May 18
- Knox Mtn. Hill Climb crash May 18
- Gas prices spike ahead of long weekend May 18
- More eyes in the sky May 18
- Body recovered from Ok Lake May 17
- City Hall to ask elected MLAs for cash May 17
- Cyclist hit on Baron Rd. May 16
- Collision causes gas spill May 16
- Cross-dressing groper on the loose May 16
- Kelowna crime down in first quarter May 15