Arrests made after spree of break-ins
Dec 23, 2012 / 12:11 pm
Kelowna RCMP have arrested five people and recovered a number of stolen vehicles believed to have been used in numerous break and enters across the Central Okanagan.
The officer, who spoke on the condition of anonymity, says they also recovered stolen property from one of the vehicles associated to a break and enter that happened last night at the Simply Computing store on Springfield Road.
They also say it is highly likely the group is linked to the previous break and enter at the West Kelowna location of Simply Computing on Dec. 15, where an estimated $100,000 worth of electronics was stolen.
One of the recovered vehicles – a stolen 2010 Dodge Ram valued at $105,000 – is believed to have been used in a break and enter committed at Best Buy earlier this week.
All five people in custody are scheduled to make their first court appearance in the coming days.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Marina moving along May 22
- Kelowna closes all sportfields May 22
- Big Red rolls through Kelowna May 22
- Greenway underpasses closed May 22
- Former Miss Kelowna earns gold May 22
- New middle school for Upper Mission May 22
- Victim services honour BC Liquor Stores May 22
- Power back on in East Kelowna May 21
- Tuesday crash sends 4 to hospital May 21
- Quiet start to the summer season May 21