Free christmas dinner in Rutland
Dec 22, 2012 / 1:28 pm
Residents living in the Rutland area of Kelowna will have the opportunity to experience a free turkey dinner on Sunday.
The special event is being put on by the Okanagan Christian Church, and is open to the community.
It will take place at the South Rutland Elementary School from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. and there are enough seats for 120 people.
Items have been donated by local businesses and they will be raffled off to people free of charge.
“I just think there’s a greater need up in Rutland and that’s the main reason this is happening,” says Brigit Larocque, one of the organizers.
Pastor Barrie Forman notes the event is not a fundraiser for the church, but a way to meet needs in the community.
"By offering this event, we hope to bless the Rutland area this Christmas season,” he says.
The event will begin with a time of worship, followed by the dinner and then a fun-filled Christmas Program will follow.
For more information and to reserve your seat, please call Jasmine at 250-899-4313
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Mayor defends $800K spiffy biffy Jun 18
- Hells Angels member gets 26 months Jun 18
- Bridging the gap to detox Jun 18
- RCMP confirm suspicious death Jun 18
- Council wants say on new Cop Shop Jun 18
- Realtors donate to Gospel Mission Jun 18
- Council toasts new liquor establishment Jun 18
- City to test family alcohol zone Jun 18
- Missing teenager has been found Jun 17
- Attempted murder charges laid Jun 17