RCMP hone in on GPS
Dec 21, 2012 / 1:02 pm
Two people are facing potential charges of possession of stolen property after being arrested yesterday morning in a stolen vehicle that police located with the aid of GPS.
On December 20, 2012 at 6:30 am, the Kelowna RCMP responded to a report of a theft of vehicle on the 300 block of Woodcrest Court.
A 2004 Buick Rendezvous had just been stolen from an open garage. Fortunately, the vehicle was installed with a GPS location device allowing the owner to track its movement.
Relaying the information regarding the vehicle's whereabouts to police lead to it's quick recovery on the 6200 block of Lakeshore Road, as well as two suspects found inside.
A 26-year-old Lake Country man and a 51-year-old Kelowna woman were arrested without incident and each face a possible charge of Possession of Stolen Property. Both were released from police custody on a Promise to Appear for Court in March, 2013.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
Okanagan Regional Library
- Cemetery eyes cost of living increases Dec 10
- Improvements to Centennial Hall, park Dec 10
- All aboard the Santa Sleigh Bus Dec 9
- FortisBC offers Union binding arbitration Dec 9
- Glenmore food drive tonight Dec 9
- Garage fire quickly knocked down Dec 9
- Thrift store celebrates 10 years strong Dec 9
- Big White Sweater Ball Dec 9
- Christmas display going up at Kerry Park Dec 9
- Castanet's Week in Review Dec 8