RCMP hone in on GPS
Dec 21, 2012 / 1:02 pm
Two people are facing potential charges of possession of stolen property after being arrested yesterday morning in a stolen vehicle that police located with the aid of GPS.
On December 20, 2012 at 6:30 am, the Kelowna RCMP responded to a report of a theft of vehicle on the 300 block of Woodcrest Court.
A 2004 Buick Rendezvous had just been stolen from an open garage. Fortunately, the vehicle was installed with a GPS location device allowing the owner to track its movement.
Relaying the information regarding the vehicle's whereabouts to police lead to it's quick recovery on the 6200 block of Lakeshore Road, as well as two suspects found inside.
A 26-year-old Lake Country man and a 51-year-old Kelowna woman were arrested without incident and each face a possible charge of Possession of Stolen Property. Both were released from police custody on a Promise to Appear for Court in March, 2013.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Rutland May Day Parade video May 19
- Kasugai Gardens open into the evening May 19
- The Week in Review May 19
- Rutland May Days' information May 18
- Knox Mtn. Hill Climb crash May 18
- Gas prices spike ahead of long weekend May 18
- More eyes in the sky May 18
- Body recovered from Ok Lake May 17
- City Hall to ask elected MLAs for cash May 17
- Cyclist hit on Baron Rd. May 16