Alleged 'dial-a dope' dealers busted
Dec 21, 2012 / 5:00 am
Three men are in custody after several suspected 'dial-a-dope' operations in Kelowna were shut down.
Wednesday evening plainclothes RCMP members were conducting surveillance in various areas of the city when they observed multiple unrelated transactions involving three alleged drug dealers using a 'dial-a-dope' scheme.
RCMP arrested all three and seized various quantities of:
- crack cocaine
- drug paraphernalia
- cell phones and cash
All are consistent with drug trafficking.
A 26-year-old Kelowna man, a 23-year-old Falkland man, and a 23-year-old West Kelowna man face potential charges of Trafficking and Possession of a Controlled Substance for the Purpose of Trafficking. They have been held in custody to appear in court.
Additionally, a 31-year-old Kelowna man and a 35-year-old Lake Country woman face potential charges of Possession of a Controlled Substance. They have both been released from police custody and will appear in court at a later date.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Mayor defends $800K spiffy biffy Jun 18
- Hells Angels member gets 26 months Jun 18
- Bridging the gap to detox Jun 18
- RCMP confirm suspicious death Jun 18
- Council wants say on new Cop Shop Jun 18
- Realtors donate to Gospel Mission Jun 18
- Council toasts new liquor establishment Jun 18
- City to test family alcohol zone Jun 18
- Missing teenager has been found Jun 17
- Attempted murder charges laid Jun 17