Alleged 'dial-a dope' dealers busted
Dec 21, 2012 / 5:00 am
Three men are in custody after several suspected 'dial-a-dope' operations in Kelowna were shut down.
Wednesday evening plainclothes RCMP members were conducting surveillance in various areas of the city when they observed multiple unrelated transactions involving three alleged drug dealers using a 'dial-a-dope' scheme.
RCMP arrested all three and seized various quantities of:
- crack cocaine
- drug paraphernalia
- cell phones and cash
All are consistent with drug trafficking.
A 26-year-old Kelowna man, a 23-year-old Falkland man, and a 23-year-old West Kelowna man face potential charges of Trafficking and Possession of a Controlled Substance for the Purpose of Trafficking. They have been held in custody to appear in court.
Additionally, a 31-year-old Kelowna man and a 35-year-old Lake Country woman face potential charges of Possession of a Controlled Substance. They have both been released from police custody and will appear in court at a later date.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
Okanagan Regional Library
- Was there crime in your neighbourhood? Dec 4
- Transplant recipients pop in, say thanks Dec 4
- High speed crash into tree Dec 4
- Sudden death in Rutland Dec 4
- Gifts sought for children's X-mas party Dec 4
- Rotary optimistic lights will twinkle Dec 4
- Hero Mountie saves distraught woman Dec 3
- Stuart Park: 'Stay warm my friends' Dec 3
- Mission Creek trees get festive flair Dec 3
- Council: New cop shop long overdue Dec 3