Big day for kettle drive
Dec 19, 2012 / 11:41 am
On Thursday,December 20 ,Walmart Canada will match donations made by individuals to The Salvation Army Christmas kettles located within their stores across Canada up to a maximum of $100,000.
This includes the Kelowna and West Kelowna Walmart stores.
Major Ron Cartmell of The Salvation Army in Kelowna says, “We are hoping that this initiative by Walmart will be the boost we need to reach our goal this Christmas season. We encourage shoppers to visit Walmart on December 20 and make a donation. Every donation makes an impact in the life of someone in need”.
Bell Ringers will be manning the kettles from 8 a.m – 10 p.m.
This is the third year that Walmart Canada has hosted ‘Walmart Fill the Kettle Day’.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Water levels lower on Mission Creek May 24
- Brace yourself for higher gas prices May 24
- Fat Cats looking for cool cats May 23
- Victor Walk impacts Kelowna May 23
- Dangerous Dog Act challenged May 23
- Early morning fire May 23
- Marina moving along May 22
- Kelowna closes all sportfields May 22
- Big Red rolls through Kelowna May 22
- Greenway underpasses closed May 22