Mother pleads for news on missing son
Dec 19, 2012 / 10:17 am
The mother of a 37-year-old parolee missing from a Kelowna halfway house since May is desperate for information on her son.
Phillip Lee Lyons has not been seen or heard from since leaving the halfway house back on May 26. He was on day parole at the time of his disappearance.
He has not contacted his family since leaving the halfway house.
Family members say it is unusual for Lyons to not have contact with his family, even when he knows he has outstanding warrants.
The family reported him missing October 3.
Police say Lyons may still be in the Okanagan but say the New Brunswick native had expressed a desire to return to the Maritime province.
If he travelled back to New Brunswick, police believe that he would most likely be in either Fredericton or Doaktown.
A Canada-wide warrant has been issued for Lyons.
Lyons has a long and diverse criminal history dating back to when he was 19 years of age.
At the time of his disappearance, he was serving an eight year sentence for Robbery, Possession of a Weapon Obtained by the Commission of an Offense, Theft Under $5000 and Fail to Attend Court.
He is described as:
- Caucasian man
- 37 years of age
- 5'10", 223lbs
- Brown Hair
- Hazel Eyes
- Tattoo on his left shoulder: tribal symbols
Tattoo on his left forearm:
Sabrina, tribal symbol surrounding an eye,
- Tattoo on right shoulder: Skull art
- And various tattoos on his right forearm
If you have any information regarding his whereabouts please contact your local RCMP.
Do not approach Lyons as he may become violent.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- The Week in Review May 19
- Rutland May Days' information May 18
- Knox Mtn. Hill Climb crash May 18
- Gas prices spike ahead of long weekend May 18
- More eyes in the sky May 18
- Body recovered from Ok Lake May 17
- City Hall to ask elected MLAs for cash May 17
- Cyclist hit on Baron Rd. May 16
- Collision causes gas spill May 16
- Cross-dressing groper on the loose May 16