Pub patron caught with loaded gun
Dec 18, 2012 / 4:17 pm
A 29-year-old Kelowna man faces a more than a dozen weapons related charges after he was found to be in possession of a loaded gun at the Willow Park Pub last Saturday night.
Police say they were called to the pub about 6:45 p.m. after someone noticed the gun.
"When police arrived the man was found seated at the bar with a loaded .45 caliber pistol tucked in the back of his pants and a knife hanging from a chain around his neck," says Cst. Kris Clark.
"He was arrested without incident and the firearm and knife were seized. A second handgun was later seized from the man's residence."
Ryan Bradley Allin was also prohibited from possessing a firearm at the time of the incident.
He was arrested and held in custody until a court appearance Monday. He remains in custody.
Allin faces 13 charges, including:
- Possessing a Weapon for a Dangerous Purpose X 2
- Carrying a Concealed Weapon X 2
- Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm X 2
- Knowingly Possessing a Firearm Without a Licence X 2
- Possessing a Restricted Firearm With Ammunition
- Possessing a Weapon Obtained Through Offence X 2
- Possessing a Firearm Contrary to Order X 2
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
Okanagan Regional Library
- Harvey rollover shuts down traffic at Ellis Dec 10
- Hockey Night in Canada's new tune? Dec 10
- Budget will cost you additional $45 Dec 10
- Cemetery eyes cost of living increases Dec 10
- Improvements to Centennial Hall, park Dec 10
- All aboard the Santa Sleigh Bus Dec 9
- FortisBC offers Union binding arbitration Dec 9
- Glenmore food drive tonight Dec 9
- Garage fire quickly knocked down Dec 9
- Thrift store celebrates 10 years strong Dec 9