Pub patron caught with loaded gun
A 29-year-old Kelowna man faces a more than a dozen weapons related charges after he was found to be in possession of a loaded gun at the Willow Park Pub last Saturday night.
Police say they were called to the pub about 6:45 p.m. after someone noticed the gun.
"When police arrived the man was found seated at the bar with a loaded .45 caliber pistol tucked in the back of his pants and a knife hanging from a chain around his neck," says Cst. Kris Clark.
"He was arrested without incident and the firearm and knife were seized. A second handgun was later seized from the man's residence."
Ryan Bradley Allin was also prohibited from possessing a firearm at the time of the incident.
He was arrested and held in custody until a court appearance Monday. He remains in custody.
Allin faces 13 charges, including:
- Possessing a Weapon for a Dangerous Purpose X 2
- Carrying a Concealed Weapon X 2
- Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm X 2
- Knowingly Possessing a Firearm Without a Licence X 2
- Possessing a Restricted Firearm With Ammunition
- Possessing a Weapon Obtained Through Offence X 2
- Possessing a Firearm Contrary to Order X 2
Read more Kelowna News
- 15-year-old indicted on murder chargeWorld
- Ex councillor named in sex assault casePenticton / S. Okanagan
- Accused bad driver in more troubleKelowna
- Return of the Snowbirds?Poll
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Tourism Kelowna Central Okanagan
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
Okanagan Regional Library