Pub patron caught with loaded gun
Dec 18, 2012 / 4:17 pm
A 29-year-old Kelowna man faces a more than a dozen weapons related charges after he was found to be in possession of a loaded gun at the Willow Park Pub last Saturday night.
Police say they were called to the pub about 6:45 p.m. after someone noticed the gun.
"When police arrived the man was found seated at the bar with a loaded .45 caliber pistol tucked in the back of his pants and a knife hanging from a chain around his neck," says Cst. Kris Clark.
"He was arrested without incident and the firearm and knife were seized. A second handgun was later seized from the man's residence."
Ryan Bradley Allin was also prohibited from possessing a firearm at the time of the incident.
He was arrested and held in custody until a court appearance Monday. He remains in custody.
Allin faces 13 charges, including:
- Possessing a Weapon for a Dangerous Purpose X 2
- Carrying a Concealed Weapon X 2
- Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm X 2
- Knowingly Possessing a Firearm Without a Licence X 2
- Possessing a Restricted Firearm With Ammunition
- Possessing a Weapon Obtained Through Offence X 2
- Possessing a Firearm Contrary to Order X 2
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Rutland May Days' information May 18
- Knox Mtn. Hill Climb crash May 18
- Gas prices spike ahead of long weekend May 18
- More eyes in the sky May 18
- Body recovered from Ok Lake May 17
- City Hall to ask elected MLAs for cash May 17
- Cyclist hit on Baron Rd. May 16
- Collision causes gas spill May 16
- Cross-dressing groper on the loose May 16
- Kelowna crime down in first quarter May 15