Chiefs raising money for food bank
Dec 17, 2012 / 5:00 pm
The Kelowna Chiefs hockey club has teamed up with the Winfield Minor Hockey Association to join forces for a good cause.
On Tuesday, Dec. 18 fans are asked to bring a non-perishable food donation to the arena when the Chiefs face off against the North Okanagan Knights.
Cash donations are also welcome and a collection box will be set up at the Rutland arena with all proceeds going directly to the Kelowna Community Food Bank.
A silent auction will also be taking place with gifts, services and hockey memorabilia up for grabs including a Frisbee toss for $100 gas cards from Super Save.
The WMHA will also be raising funds for their organization.
The puck drops at 7 p.m.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
Okanagan Regional Library
- All aboard the Santa Sleigh Bus Dec 9
- FortisBC offers Union binding arbitration Dec 9
- Glenmore food drive tonight Dec 9
- Garage fire quickly knocked down Dec 9
- Thrift store celebrates 10 years strong Dec 9
- Big White Sweater Ball Dec 9
- Christmas display going up at Kerry Park Dec 9
- Castanet's Week in Review Dec 8
- Kelowna teens 'write for rights' Dec 8
- Paper carrier waits for crucial surgery Dec 8