Cops hunt for B&E suspect
Dec 13, 2012 / 4:40 pm
RCMP spent several hours trying to track down a break and enter suspect in East Kelowna on Wednesday.
Around 12:30 p.m. police respond to an incident in the 3900 block of Todd road. Cst. Kris Clark says the suspect was interrupted during the break-in by the resident, who was home at the time.
"The suspect fled the scene and was tracked by a police service dog, but (they) could not be located. It is believed a bicycle or vehicle may have been involved in his escape."
Some jewelry and a laptop were stolen. The person inside the home was not injured.
Police also used a helicopter to try and hunt for the burglar.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Hundreds march against Monsanto May 25
- McDonald's CEO chastised by 9-year-old May 25
- Reaction mixed to Gordon truck route May 24
- A 'purrfect' time to adopt May 24
- Water levels lower on Mission Creek May 24
- Brace yourself for higher gas prices May 24
- Fat Cats looking for cool cats May 23
- Victor Walk impacts Kelowna May 23
- Dangerous Dog Act challenged May 23
- Early morning fire May 23