Teen set on fire at house party
Dec 13, 2012 / 9:11 am
Two men are in police custody following an incident at a house party where another man was set on fire.
RCMP were advised, on Dec 8, that an 18-year-old man received second and third degree burns to most of his back after being intentionally set on fire Friday night.
According to Cst. Kris Clark, the man apparently had fallen asleep on the kitchen floor during the early morning hours.
"One man allegedly poured a liquid on the victim's back and lit him on fire while the other filmed the incident."
During the course of the investigation into the incident, police believe this may not be the first time one of the accused had lit someone on fire who had been incapacitated by drugs or alcohol.
Mathew Sweet-Grant, 20 and Joshua McWhirter, 18, both of Kelowna have been charged with aggravated assault. They remain in custody and are scheduled to appear in court Thursday morning.
Police are asking anyone with information regarding this incident or previous incidents to contact the Kelowna RCMP General Investigations Section at 250-762-3300.
If anyone has photos or video send them to firstname.lastname@example.org
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Marina moving along May 22
- Kelowna closes all sportfields May 22
- Big Red rolls through Kelowna May 22
- Greenway underpasses closed May 22
- Former Miss Kelowna earns gold May 22
- New middle school for Upper Mission May 22
- Victim services honour BC Liquor Stores May 22
- Power back on in East Kelowna May 21
- Tuesday crash sends 4 to hospital May 21
- Quiet start to the summer season May 21