Teen set on fire at house party
Dec 13, 2012 / 9:11 am
Two men are in police custody following an incident at a house party where another man was set on fire.
RCMP were advised, on Dec 8, that an 18-year-old man received second and third degree burns to most of his back after being intentionally set on fire Friday night.
According to Cst. Kris Clark, the man apparently had fallen asleep on the kitchen floor during the early morning hours.
"One man allegedly poured a liquid on the victim's back and lit him on fire while the other filmed the incident."
During the course of the investigation into the incident, police believe this may not be the first time one of the accused had lit someone on fire who had been incapacitated by drugs or alcohol.
Mathew Sweet-Grant, 20 and Joshua McWhirter, 18, both of Kelowna have been charged with aggravated assault. They remain in custody and are scheduled to appear in court Thursday morning.
Police are asking anyone with information regarding this incident or previous incidents to contact the Kelowna RCMP General Investigations Section at 250-762-3300.
If anyone has photos or video send them to [email protected]
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
Okanagan Regional Library
- Harvey rollover shuts down traffic at Ellis Dec 10
- Hockey Night in Canada's new tune? Dec 10
- Budget will cost you additional $45 Dec 10
- Cemetery eyes cost of living increases Dec 10
- Improvements to Centennial Hall, park Dec 10
- All aboard the Santa Sleigh Bus Dec 9
- FortisBC offers Union binding arbitration Dec 9
- Glenmore food drive tonight Dec 9
- Garage fire quickly knocked down Dec 9
- Thrift store celebrates 10 years strong Dec 9