UPDATE: Interior Health affected by job action
Dec 8, 2012 / 1:24 pm
UPDATE: Interior Health has just received notification that the job action planned for this week by the Health Sciences Professional Bargaining Association (HSPBA) has been withdrawn.
Interior Health will have full Laboratory services at normal staffing levels tomorrow (Monday).
Services will be limited at Interior Health laboratories on Monday, Dec. 10 due to job action by members of the Health Sciences Professional Bargaining Association.
All labs will operate at essential service levels, which means reduced staff and possible delays. This may also result in outpatients with non-urgent issues being asked to return at a later date.
There will be no impact in service for chemotherapy, dialysis or transplant patients. Urgent lab test and pre-surgical screening for surgeries on Monday and Tuesday will go ahead as scheduled.
If you have an appointment and are unsure whether or not you should go to the lab on Monday, please call 250-231-4515.
You can also visit the Interior Health website for more information.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
Okanagan Regional Library
- Harvey rollover shuts down traffic at Ellis Dec 10
- Hockey Night in Canada's new tune? Dec 10
- Budget will cost you additional $45 Dec 10
- Cemetery eyes cost of living increases Dec 10
- Improvements to Centennial Hall, park Dec 10
- All aboard the Santa Sleigh Bus Dec 9
- FortisBC offers Union binding arbitration Dec 9
- Glenmore food drive tonight Dec 9
- Garage fire quickly knocked down Dec 9
- Thrift store celebrates 10 years strong Dec 9