UPDATE: Interior Health affected by job action
Dec 8, 2012 / 1:24 pm
UPDATE: Interior Health has just received notification that the job action planned for this week by the Health Sciences Professional Bargaining Association (HSPBA) has been withdrawn.
Interior Health will have full Laboratory services at normal staffing levels tomorrow (Monday).
Services will be limited at Interior Health laboratories on Monday, Dec. 10 due to job action by members of the Health Sciences Professional Bargaining Association.
All labs will operate at essential service levels, which means reduced staff and possible delays. This may also result in outpatients with non-urgent issues being asked to return at a later date.
There will be no impact in service for chemotherapy, dialysis or transplant patients. Urgent lab test and pre-surgical screening for surgeries on Monday and Tuesday will go ahead as scheduled.
If you have an appointment and are unsure whether or not you should go to the lab on Monday, please call 250-231-4515.
You can also visit the Interior Health website for more information.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
Okanagan Regional Library
- Tree of Memories honours loved ones Dec 5
- Santa goes hog wild with toy donations Dec 5
- Women's shelter launches text campaign Dec 5
- Neighbourhood crime map Dec 5
- Yacht club build behind schedule Dec 5
- New services to 'Bridge' gap for addicts Dec 5
- Powder chair now open at Big White Dec 5
- Holiday cheer stocks food bank shelves Dec 5
- Where will medical marijuana be grown? Dec 5
- Happy Hanukkah! Dec 5