Candlelight vigil tonight
Dec 6, 2012 / 9:34 am
Victims of gender-based violence both locally and across the country will be remembered during a candlelight vigil in Kelowna tonight (Thursday).
Thursday is the National Day of Remembrance and Action on Violence Against Women in Canada.
It is also the 23rd anniversary of the Montreal Massacre when Marc Lepine gunned down 14 women, injured another 10 women and four men at the École Polytechnique.
Thursday's candlelight vigil begins with a walk beginning at 6:30 from the Bean Scene Coffee Shop in the Landmark Centre.
People will walk across the Highway 97 footbridge to a location on Angel Way behind the Parkinson Rec Centre where a rose dedication will be held.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Power back on in East Kelowna May 21
- Crash sends four to hospital May 21
- Quiet start to the summer season May 21
- Stabbing arrest May 21
- Last day to register for PlayOn! Kelowna May 21
- Thunderstorm watch in effect May 21
- Calling all green thumbs May 21
- Glenmore crash May 20
- Grad party rollover May 20
- Annual regatta is largest in BC Interior May 19