Candlelight vigil tonight
Dec 6, 2012 / 9:34 am
Victims of gender-based violence both locally and across the country will be remembered during a candlelight vigil in Kelowna tonight (Thursday).
Thursday is the National Day of Remembrance and Action on Violence Against Women in Canada.
It is also the 23rd anniversary of the Montreal Massacre when Marc Lepine gunned down 14 women, injured another 10 women and four men at the École Polytechnique.
Thursday's candlelight vigil begins with a walk beginning at 6:30 from the Bean Scene Coffee Shop in the Landmark Centre.
People will walk across the Highway 97 footbridge to a location on Angel Way behind the Parkinson Rec Centre where a rose dedication will be held.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
Okanagan Regional Library
- Budget approval means tax increase Dec 12
- Christmas market, art show and concert Dec 12
- "One Valley, One Water" Dec 12
- Students helping students 4,100km away Dec 12
- Bus light tour - get your tickets Dec 12
- Charged with running over paper carrier Dec 12
- Budget 2014 - day long coverage Dec 12
- Fewer rentals available Dec 12
- Protecting your gifts Dec 12
- Union sends final package to FortisBC Dec 12