UPDATE: Arrested for shooting in hills
Dec 5, 2012 / 2:15 pm
At about 1:30 p.m. Tuesday, RCMP received a report of shots being fired behind The Ponds at the south end of Gordon Drive.
The shots seemed to be coming from a semi-automatic weapon in the vicinity of the Gillard Forest Service Road.
Several police units responded to the area including a Police Service Dog and the Southeast District RCMP Helicopter.
According to witnesses, the occupants of a black GMC Yukon were believed to be involved and that vehicle was located on the Gillard Forest Service Road headed towards Chute Lake Road.
Two 21-year-old men and one 23-year-old man were detained for the investigation while the vehicle was searched.
A shotgun, two semi-automatic rifles and a Glock handgun were all seized from inside the vehicle.
Although their intentions may not have been criminal, the perception certainly was.
The safest place to discharge a firearm of any kind is at a firearms range which has the appropriate safety protocols in place.
No charges have yet been recommended against the three Kelowna men, but they could face a number of charges in relation to the use, transportation, storage and possession of the firearms.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
Okanagan Regional Library
- Budget will cost you additional $45 Dec 10
- Cemetery eyes cost of living increases Dec 10
- Improvements to Centennial Hall, park Dec 10
- All aboard the Santa Sleigh Bus Dec 9
- FortisBC offers Union binding arbitration Dec 9
- Glenmore food drive tonight Dec 9
- Garage fire quickly knocked down Dec 9
- Thrift store celebrates 10 years strong Dec 9
- Big White Sweater Ball Dec 9
- Christmas display going up at Kerry Park Dec 9