Nominations open for civic awards
The City of Kelowna is calling for nominations for the 38th Annual Civic and Community Awards.
The awards recognize individuals, groups and organizations for their outstanding contributions and achievements in 2012, which directly benefited Kelowna.
Earlier this year, 12 individuals and four groups were presented with civic awards for their outstanding work in the community in 2011.
“The awards recognize those who make a difference in our community. I encourage you to nominate that special someone from your organization or your neighbourhood who is deserving of an acknowledgment,” says Jim Gabriel, Director of Recreation and Cultural Services.
“There are also awards specifically for volunteers and businesses who play a key role in helping us provide and maintain a wide variety of services in Kelowna and those people need to be recognized as well for their commitment.”
Nomination categories include:
* Bob Giordano Memorial Award
* Bryan Couling Memorial – Athletic Team of the Year
* Male & Female Athlete of the Year
* Young Male & Female of the Year
* Teen Honour in the Arts
* Honour in the Arts
* Corporate Community of the Year (small/medium and large)
* Man & Woman of the Year
* Central Okanagan Foundation Volunteer Organization of the Year
* Champion for the Environment (individual and business)
Nominations are being accepted until noon on Friday, February 1, 2013. Nomination forms are available online at kelowna.ca/residents or for pick-up at City Hall, Parkinson Recreation Centre, Kelowna Chamber of Commerce, local libraries and the Kelowna Family Y. Completed forms can be dropped off at the Parkinson Recreation Centre to the attention of Amber Gilbert.
Finalists and award recipients will be honoured on May 1, 2013 at the Kelowna Community Theatre.
For additional information, visit kelowna.ca/residents.
Read more Kelowna News
- Brush fire in OyamaCentral Okanagan - 3:56 pm
- Hospital gets new towerPenticton / S. Okanagan - 3:34 pm
- Sh*t Parkers of KelownaKelowna - 3:31 pm
- Boonstock organizers talkPenticton / S. Okanagan - 3:29 pm
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Tourism Kelowna Central Okanagan
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
Okanagan Regional Library