BC Conservatives bag business leader
Dec 3, 2012 / 11:45 am
The managing director of a string of walk-in-clinics in Kelowna has secured the BC Conservative Party nod in Kelowna-Mission.
Mike McLoughlin recently won the nomination.
McLoughlin is a fifth-generation British Columbian who has lived in Kelowna the past 24 years.
He has a Bachelor of Science degree from the University of California and a Masters in Business Administration from UBC.
McLoughlin was a founding partner and managing director of Medi-Kel Family Practice and Walk-In Clinics, a business he established 14 years ago.
His wife Sue is a family physician.
McLoughlin will seek to unseat incumbent Liberal MLA and Cabinet Minister, Steve Thomson in the May, 2013 provincial election.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Marina moving along May 22
- Kelowna closes all sportfields May 22
- Big Red rolls through Kelowna May 22
- Greenway underpasses closed May 22
- Former Miss Kelowna earns gold May 22
- New middle school for Upper Mission May 22
- Victim services honour BC Liquor Stores May 22
- Power back on in East Kelowna May 21
- Tuesday crash sends 4 to hospital May 21
- Quiet start to the summer season May 21