UPDATE: Missing senior located
Nov 30, 2012 / 8:00 am
UPDATE: RCMP advise Eugene Valliant has been located and returned to his care facility.
Kelowna RCMP are requesting the public's assistance in locating a Kelowna senior who has not returned to his care facility after an afternoon outing to Orchard Park Mall.
Eugene Valliant, 88, participated in a group outing to the Orchard Park Mall on the afternoon of November 29, however he did not show up at the designated pick up point at the end of the outing.
Mr. Valliant is extremely hard of hearing and has some short term memory issues.
He is 5'11" with spikey collar lengthed white hair, and is about 130 pounds. He was wearing a tan jacket, blue jeans and black shoes with a red stripe.
He was carrying a black bag, similar to a laptop bag during the excursion.
Care staff and police are concerned that Mr. Valliant may have become disoriented and lost as Thursday's circumstances are extremely unusual.
Given his advanced age and somewhat frail state it is important that he be located and returned home at the earliest time.
Anyone with any information regarding Mr. Valliant's whereabouts are asked to contact the Kelowna RCMP.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
Okanagan Regional Library
- Bait sleds hidden around the interior Dec 11
- Christmas display going up at Kerry Park Dec 11
- Fire destroys mobile home Dec 11
- Prolific offender in custody Dec 11
- Harvey rollover shuts down traffic at Ellis Dec 10
- Hockey Night in Canada's new tune? Dec 10
- Budget will cost you additional $45 Dec 10
- Cemetery eyes cost of living increases Dec 10
- Improvements to Centennial Hall, park Dec 10
- All aboard the Santa Sleigh Bus Dec 9