Crash victim dies of injuries
Nov 28, 2012 / 3:40 pm
A 73-year-old woman, struck by a bus earlier this month on Springfield Road in Kelowna has succumbed to her injuries.
Cst. Kris Clark, says the unidentified woman passed away last week.
The woman was struck by a bus shortly before 5 p.m. on November 4 at Springfield and Barlee roads.
Apparently, the bus was making a left turn off Springfield onto Barlee when the woman stumbled off the curb and was struck.
She was taken to Kelowna General Hospital with serious injuries.
She passed away 18 days later.
Police say rainy weather and poor visibility at the time may have contributed to the crash.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
Okanagan Regional Library
- Castanet's Week in Review Dec 8
- Kelowna teens 'write for rights' Dec 8
- Paper carrier waits for crucial surgery Dec 8
- Cost of dying going up Dec 8
- Paper carrier sent to VGH Dec 7
- Roses for women's awareness Dec 7
- Lights aglow on Big White Dec 7
- Creating community Dec 7
- Disabled person given the squeeze Dec 7
- Free Wi-Fi Dec 7