Nov 27, 2012 / 11:24 am
Engage in the delicacy of Japanese calligraphy, the grace of martial arts and the power of Taiko drummers during a fundraiser on Dec. 2 for the Kelowna Kasugai Sister City Association.
The association’s Taste of Japan 2012 fundraiser will also feature food, tea, origami and many other demonstrations of Japanese culture at Parkinson Recreation Centre, 1 to 4 p.m. on Sunday, Dec. 2.
Tickets for the event are two dollars and will be available at the door, or in advance from Komatsu Japanese Market, 1855 Kirschner Rd.
Kelowna’s sibling relationship with the city of Kasugai began in 1981 and has grown through the years to include cultural and business exchanges.
Learn more about Kasugai and the Sister City relationship here
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Play! On Kelowna street hockey gallery May 25
- Bennett bridge opened 5 years ago today May 25
- Hundreds march against Monsanto May 25
- McDonald's CEO chastised by 9-year-old May 25
- Reaction mixed to Gordon truck route May 24
- A 'purrfect' time to adopt May 24
- Water levels lower on Mission Creek May 24
- Brace yourself for higher gas prices May 24
- Fat Cats looking for cool cats May 23
- Victor Walk impacts Kelowna May 23