Nov 27, 2012 / 11:24 am
Engage in the delicacy of Japanese calligraphy, the grace of martial arts and the power of Taiko drummers during a fundraiser on Dec. 2 for the Kelowna Kasugai Sister City Association.
The association’s Taste of Japan 2012 fundraiser will also feature food, tea, origami and many other demonstrations of Japanese culture at Parkinson Recreation Centre, 1 to 4 p.m. on Sunday, Dec. 2.
Tickets for the event are two dollars and will be available at the door, or in advance from Komatsu Japanese Market, 1855 Kirschner Rd.
Kelowna’s sibling relationship with the city of Kasugai began in 1981 and has grown through the years to include cultural and business exchanges.
Learn more about Kasugai and the Sister City relationship here
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
Okanagan Regional Library
- Budget approval means tax increase Dec 12
- Christmas market, art show and concert Dec 12
- "One Valley, One Water" Dec 12
- Students helping students 4,100km away Dec 12
- Bus light tour - get your tickets Dec 12
- Charged with running over paper carrier Dec 12
- Budget 2014 - day long coverage Dec 12
- Fewer rentals available Dec 12
- Protecting your gifts Dec 12
- Union sends final package to FortisBC Dec 12