Two honoured for saving a life
Nov 27, 2012 / 11:16 am
Two people will be honoured with an award, on Wednesday, for saving a man's life.
The individuals will received the BC Ambulance Service Vital Link Awards after helping a West Kelowna man who had a cardiac arrest while talking with neighbours in September.
The patient’s care was enhanced by Advance Care Paramedics’ use of defibrillation and the immediate access to the STEMI Lab at Kelowna General Hospital.
The ceremony takes place at 10 a.m. at KGH. It will be attended by the recovered patient, award recipients, BCAS paramedics and the KGH physicians involved in providing care during the emergency.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Rutland May Days' information May 18
- Gas prices spike ahead of long weekend May 18
- More eyes in the sky May 18
- Body recovered from Ok Lake May 17
- City Hall to ask elected MLAs for cash May 17
- Cyclist hit on Baron Rd. May 16
- Collision causes gas spill May 16
- Cross-dressing groper on the loose May 16
- Kelowna crime down in first quarter May 15
- Liberal triumph good for business May 15