Mantler trial begins today
Nov 25, 2012 / 5:00 pm
A high profile assault case is about to begin in Kelowna, and it will be the second in as many years for the officer involved.
RCMP Cst. Geoff Mantler was suspended soon after video surfaced of him kicking a Kelowna man in the head following a 9/11 call almost two years ago.
Now that man, Buddy Tavares, and Mantler will have their day in court.
Mantler is facing one count of assault causing bodily harm and Tavares is alleged to have been using a shotgun to scare geese away from a golf course prior the assault.
The trial begins Nov. 26 and is expected to last two weeks.
Earlier this year, Mantler was acquitted of assaulting another Kelowna resident during an arrest in August 2010.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Rainfall warning in effect Jun 19
- 900 days on the water Jun 19
- Malls head list of corporate taxpayers Jun 19
- Mayor defends $800K spiffy biffy Jun 18
- Hells Angels member gets 26 months Jun 18
- Bridging the gap to detox Jun 18
- RCMP confirm suspicious death Jun 18
- Council wants say on new Cop Shop Jun 18
- Realtors donate to Gospel Mission Jun 18
- Council toasts new liquor establishment Jun 18