Making Memories with The Nutcracker
Nov 24, 2012 / 10:00 am
The fourth annual "Making Memories: a very special performance of The Nutcracker", will be presented by The Canadian School of Ballet along with Ballet Kelowna on Dec. 9, 2012.
The presentation, sponsored by Thom & Associates Financial Planners, will take place at the Kelowna Community Theatre and all seats will be free to youth and seniors who would not normally have the opportunity to attend a show. The theatre is already at capacity, but a waiting list has been started.
Those attending the performance will also receive a Christmas stocking filled with gifts, coupons and holiday sweets.
Anyone wishing to donate can visit the Ballet Kelowna website or bring their items to the Castanet office. Please keep in mind that donated items should be small enough to fit into a stocking.
The first Making Memories performance was put on by Ken Thom in 2009 and fulfilled the dream of Lori Larson and Mel Brown, who previously owned the Canadian School of Ballet. They wanted to bring the beauty of ballet to those with diverse abilities and economic backgrounds.
For more information contact Debbie MacMillan at 250-764-4803
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Annual regatta is largest in BC Interior May 19
- Rutland May Day Parade video May 19
- Kasugai Gardens open into the evening May 19
- The Week in Review May 19
- Rutland May Days' information May 18
- Knox Mtn. Hill Climb crash May 18
- Gas prices spike ahead of long weekend May 18
- More eyes in the sky May 18
- Body recovered from Ok Lake May 17
- City Hall to ask elected MLAs for cash May 17