Making Memories with The Nutcracker
Nov 24, 2012 / 10:00 am
The fourth annual "Making Memories: a very special performance of The Nutcracker", will be presented by The Canadian School of Ballet along with Ballet Kelowna on Dec. 9, 2012.
The presentation, sponsored by Thom & Associates Financial Planners, will take place at the Kelowna Community Theatre and all seats will be free to youth and seniors who would not normally have the opportunity to attend a show. The theatre is already at capacity, but a waiting list has been started.
Those attending the performance will also receive a Christmas stocking filled with gifts, coupons and holiday sweets.
Anyone wishing to donate can visit the Ballet Kelowna website or bring their items to the Castanet office. Please keep in mind that donated items should be small enough to fit into a stocking.
The first Making Memories performance was put on by Ken Thom in 2009 and fulfilled the dream of Lori Larson and Mel Brown, who previously owned the Canadian School of Ballet. They wanted to bring the beauty of ballet to those with diverse abilities and economic backgrounds.
For more information contact Debbie MacMillan at 250-764-4803
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Greenway underpasses closed May 22
- Former Miss Kelowna earns gold May 22
- New middle school for Upper Mission May 22
- Victim services honour BC Liquor Stores May 22
- Power back on in East Kelowna May 21
- Tuesday crash sends 4 to hospital May 21
- Quiet start to the summer season May 21
- Stabbing arrest May 21
- Last day to register for PlayOn! Kelowna May 21
- Thunderstorm watch in effect May 21