Swite sentenced to life in prison
Nov 24, 2012 / 8:04 am
A Penticton man charged with second-degree murder in the death of an 85-year-old woman was sentenced to life in prison on Friday and will not be eligible for parole until 2020.
Cory Wolf Swite was arrested for the crime in 2007 and convicted of first-degree murder by a jury of his peers, but due to procedural concerns with the original jury, he was awarded a retrial.
The retrial began earlier this month in Kelowna and Swite pleaded guilty to the lesser charge of second-degree murder.
B.C. Supreme Court Justice Ian Josephson took the amount of time Swite had already served into consideration when choosing a parole date.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Marina moving along May 22
- Kelowna closes all sportfields May 22
- Big Red rolls through Kelowna May 22
- Greenway underpasses closed May 22
- Former Miss Kelowna earns gold May 22
- New middle school for Upper Mission May 22
- Victim services honour BC Liquor Stores May 22
- Power back on in East Kelowna May 21
- Tuesday crash sends 4 to hospital May 21
- Quiet start to the summer season May 21