Swite sentenced to life in prison
Nov 24, 2012 / 8:04 am
A Penticton man charged with second-degree murder in the death of an 85-year-old woman was sentenced to life in prison on Friday and will not be eligible for parole until 2020.
Cory Wolf Swite was arrested for the crime in 2007 and convicted of first-degree murder by a jury of his peers, but due to procedural concerns with the original jury, he was awarded a retrial.
The retrial began earlier this month in Kelowna and Swite pleaded guilty to the lesser charge of second-degree murder.
B.C. Supreme Court Justice Ian Josephson took the amount of time Swite had already served into consideration when choosing a parole date.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
Okanagan Regional Library
- Tree of Memories honours loved ones Dec 5
- Santa goes hog wild with toy donations Dec 5
- Women's shelter launches text campaign Dec 5
- Neighbourhood crime map Dec 5
- Yacht club build behind schedule Dec 5
- New services to 'Bridge' gap for addicts Dec 5
- Powder chair now open at Big White Dec 5
- Holiday cheer stocks food bank shelves Dec 5
- Where will medical marijuana be grown? Dec 5
- Happy Hanukkah! Dec 5