Eco-friendly buses for SD 23
Nov 23, 2012 / 9:13 am
The Central Okanagan School District is getting an early Christmas gift from the province.
They will receive $405,392 in funding for the purchase of three new school buses, as part of a $14 million investment by the province.
“Kelowna will certainly benefit from these new buses,” says Kelowna-Mission MLA Steve Thomson.
"Not only do they burn significantly cleaner, but give the school district more resources to get their students to school safe and sound.
These new clean diesel buses reduce exhaust particulate emissions by 90 per cent compared to the previous standard and get between 30-60 per cent better mileage than gasoline-fuelled buses.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
Okanagan Regional Library
- Creating community Dec 7
- Disabled person given the squeeze Dec 7
- Free Wi-Fi Dec 7
- Jail for man who beat his grandfather Dec 7
- Another transit driver assaulted Dec 6
- Paper carrier struck down Dec 6
- Kelowna taxpayers face hike Dec 6
- Tree of Memories honours loved ones Dec 5
- Santa goes hog wild with toy donations Dec 5
- Women's shelter launches text campaign Dec 5