Saturday, October 25th7.5°C
23888
22828

People flee house fire

Emergency Social Services were called in to care for five people forced to flee after a fire started in their home Thursday morning.

The fire broke out at the home on Burnett Street shortly after 11:30.

Kelowna Fire Department platoon captain Tim Light says the fire started on the stove and extended into the walls and ceiling area of the home.

Upon arrival, crews observed smoke coming from the main floor of the structure.

Crews were able to knock down the fire before it spread to other areas of the house.

Light says the kitchen sustained significant damage while the rest of the home did suffer smoke damage.

Six people in the home at the time, three adults and three children, were able to evacuate on their own.

No one was injured.

Light says people are urged to check their smoke detectors regularly.

18810


Read more Kelowna News

23901


Recent Trending





20008


23864

FEATURED Property
19549174450 Gordon Dr
4 bedrooms 3 baths
$569,900
more details
image2image2image2
Click here to feature your property
Please wait... loading



21350




23821

Kelowna SPCA Featured Pet

Max
Max Kelowna SPCA >




20011



23166



Okanagan Quick Links City of Kelowna
Airport Arrivals
Airport Departures
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Transit
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Tourism Kelowna
Central Okanagan
Regional District

District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
Interior Health
UBC Okanagan
Okanagan College
School District 23
Okanagan Regional Library


Kelowna City Council Audio
Audio
October 20, 2014 @ 1:30 pm
Live broadcasts, archives, schedule >


Member of BC Press Council
23207