Classic car lifted in heist
Nov 22, 2012 / 1:04 pm
The trailer has been recovered, but the contents remain at large.
Sometime overnight, thieves broke into the compound at Boyd Auto Body and stole the company's 30-foot long community trailer.
Company marketing coordinator, Heather Harrison says inside the trailer was a classic 1970 Camaro. The owner had been restoring the vehicle for the past three years.
The trailer was located Thursday morning on Trepanier Road off of the Okanagan Connector, however, Harrison says the car was gone.
"It was mainly the shell with the motor in it and the motor didn't even work," says Harrison.
"Whoever got it out of the trailer must have had a flat deck or something to drive it away because it wasn't driveable."
Harrison says the trailer was stolen sometime between closing time Wednesday and opening Thursday morning.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
Okanagan Regional Library
- Students helping students 4,100km away Dec 12
- Bus light tour - get your tickets Dec 12
- Charged with running over paper carrier Dec 12
- Budget 2014 - day long coverage Dec 12
- Fewer rentals available Dec 12
- Protecting your gifts Dec 12
- Union sends final package to FortisBC Dec 12
- Bait sleds hidden around the interior Dec 11
- Christmas display going up at Kerry Park Dec 11
- Fire destroys mobile home Dec 11