Classic car lifted in heist
Nov 22, 2012 / 1:04 pm
The trailer has been recovered, but the contents remain at large.
Sometime overnight, thieves broke into the compound at Boyd Auto Body and stole the company's 30-foot long community trailer.
Company marketing coordinator, Heather Harrison says inside the trailer was a classic 1970 Camaro. The owner had been restoring the vehicle for the past three years.
The trailer was located Thursday morning on Trepanier Road off of the Okanagan Connector, however, Harrison says the car was gone.
"It was mainly the shell with the motor in it and the motor didn't even work," says Harrison.
"Whoever got it out of the trailer must have had a flat deck or something to drive it away because it wasn't driveable."
Harrison says the trailer was stolen sometime between closing time Wednesday and opening Thursday morning.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Big Red rolls through Kelowna May 22
- Greenway underpasses closed May 22
- Former Miss Kelowna earns gold May 22
- Victim services honour BC Liquor Stores May 22
- New middle school for Upper Mission May 22
- Power back on in East Kelowna May 21
- Tuesday crash sends 4 to hospital May 21
- Quiet start to the summer season May 21
- Stabbing arrest May 21
- Last day to register for PlayOn! Kelowna May 21