A trail through Black Mountain
Nov 22, 2012 / 11:49 am
Photo: Contributed - Melcor
Melcor Development's trail with a view.
It may not yet have an official name, but ground on the new Black Mountain trail system was broken in a ceremony Wednesday afternoon by members of Melcor Developments Ltd. and Mayor Walter Gray.
“We’re really happy with this kind of partnership,” said Mayor Gray, referring to City Councils vote to approve the sharing of costs on the project with Melcor Ltd. “Once you get up there, it’s quite a panorama.”
Andrew Bruce, Regional Manager for Melcor Developments, was also enthusiastic, “Our intention is to increase accessibility to the scenic path and encourage a healthy lifestyle,” he said, speaking at the ceremony.
The finished trail, which will be approximately 1200m in length, will feature wooden stairs, three viewpoints with benches and a spectacular view.
It is scheduled for completion in May, 2013.
Black Mountain trail Nov. 22
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Rutland May Days' information May 18
- Knox Mtn. Hill Climb crash May 18
- Gas prices spike ahead of long weekend May 18
- More eyes in the sky May 18
- Body recovered from Ok Lake May 17
- City Hall to ask elected MLAs for cash May 17
- Cyclist hit on Baron Rd. May 16
- Collision causes gas spill May 16
- Cross-dressing groper on the loose May 16
- Kelowna crime down in first quarter May 15