Teen on the run - found
Nov 20, 2012 / 10:17 am
Update: The girl who was reported as missing on November 19, 2012 is safe and has been located in Medicine Hat. Thanks to the media and the public for their assistance.
A Kelowna teen who went missing on Sunday is believed to be travelling with a young man, headed towards Regina.
On November 19, at 6:30 p.m., the Kelowna RCMP received a report of a missing youth. Demi Rempel had apparently left her home in the 1400 block of Terai Road at around 9 p.m. the previous evening, leaving a note indicating that she did not want to return.
Rempel has been hanging out with a 20-year-old man from Regina who had recently moved to Kelowna. The man had expressed interest in hitchhiking back to Regina and disappeared around the same time as Rempel.
Additional information that police have obtained through the course of their investigation also suggests that both Rempel and the 20-year-old man are headed East on the TransCanada Highway.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
Okanagan Regional Library
- Budget 2014 - day long coverage Dec 12
- Fewer rentals available Dec 12
- Protecting your gifts Dec 12
- Union sends final package to FortisBC Dec 12
- Bait sleds hidden around the interior Dec 11
- Christmas display going up at Kerry Park Dec 11
- Fire destroys mobile home Dec 11
- Prolific offender in custody Dec 11
- Harvey rollover shuts down traffic at Ellis Dec 10
- Hockey Night in Canada's new tune? Dec 10