Teen on the run - found
Nov 20, 2012 / 10:17 am
Update: The girl who was reported as missing on November 19, 2012 is safe and has been located in Medicine Hat. Thanks to the media and the public for their assistance.
A Kelowna teen who went missing on Sunday is believed to be travelling with a young man, headed towards Regina.
On November 19, at 6:30 p.m., the Kelowna RCMP received a report of a missing youth. Demi Rempel had apparently left her home in the 1400 block of Terai Road at around 9 p.m. the previous evening, leaving a note indicating that she did not want to return.
Rempel has been hanging out with a 20-year-old man from Regina who had recently moved to Kelowna. The man had expressed interest in hitchhiking back to Regina and disappeared around the same time as Rempel.
Additional information that police have obtained through the course of their investigation also suggests that both Rempel and the 20-year-old man are headed East on the TransCanada Highway.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Mayor defends $800K spiffy biffy Jun 18
- Hells Angels member gets 26 months Jun 18
- Bridging the gap to detox Jun 18
- RCMP confirm suspicious death Jun 18
- Council wants say on new Cop Shop Jun 18
- Realtors donate to Gospel Mission Jun 18
- Council toasts new liquor establishment Jun 18
- City to test family alcohol zone Jun 18
- Missing teenager has been found Jun 17
- Attempted murder charges laid Jun 17