Local golf shop harvests award
Nov 19, 2012 / 3:09 pm
The Professional Golfers’ Association of British Columbia unveiled the recipients of the 2012 PGA of BC Golf Awards this past week and there were a few local winners.
The Harvest Golf Club of Kelowna was nominated for three awards and walked away the winner with Golf Shop of the Year and clubhouse pro Chad Scott took home the Professional Development Award.
“It’s extremely flattening first and foremost to be recognized, but specifically in our immediate region it’s even more meaningful to us,” says Gilles Dufort, general manager of the Harvest Golf Club.
“It does validate the hard work that obviously goes into running a golf facility on a day-to-day basis. It is something as well from a marketing standpoint, something that validates not only the hard work but recognizes the facility as being a quality facility.”
The other nomination the club received was for golf facility of the year.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Reaction mixed to Gordon truck route May 24
- A 'purrfect' time to adopt May 24
- Water levels lower on Mission Creek May 24
- Brace yourself for higher gas prices May 24
- Fat Cats looking for cool cats May 23
- Victor Walk impacts Kelowna May 23
- Dangerous Dog Act challenged May 23
- Early morning fire May 23
- Marina moving along May 22
- Kelowna closes all sportfields May 22