It hasn't disappeared, it's just online
Nov 15, 2012 / 4:30 pm
Photo: Contributed - City of Kelowna
On November 27, the City of Kelowna’s Activity and Program guide will be available online, offering you a sustainable option to search and register for your favourite recreation programs.
Starting with the 2013 winter guide, the City will be reducing the quantity of guides being printed, meaning it will no longer be delivered through your local newspaper. Residents will be able to get a copy of the guide online or sent directly to their inbox by signing up for e-Subscribe.
Hard copies will also be available for pick-up at the following locations.
- H2O Adventure & Fitness Centre (4057 Gordon Drive)
Main Library Downtown (1380 Ellis Street)
- Parkinson Recreation Centre (1800 Parkinson Way)
Rutland Arena (645 Dodd Road)
- Glenmore IGA (11-1940 Kane Road)
With over 35,000 hours of programming each year, the guide has lots of exciting programs being offered right in your neighbourhood.
Winter registration starts December 4 at 7:30 a.m. unless noted otherwise below.
- December 4: General Programs
- December 6: Aquatics
- December 7: Leagues
- Programs for persons with a disability (9:30 a.m.)
To avoid line-ups, we encourage people to set-up their online registration account in advance. Additional program information and registration is available in person at the Parkinson Recreation Centre, by phone at 250-469-8800 or online.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
Okanagan Regional Library
- Another transit driver assaulted Dec 6
- Paper carrier struck down Dec 6
- Kelowna taxpayers face hike Dec 6
- Tree of Memories honours loved ones Dec 5
- Santa goes hog wild with toy donations Dec 5
- Women's shelter launches text campaign Dec 5
- Neighbourhood crime map Dec 5
- Yacht club build behind schedule Dec 5
- New services to 'Bridge' gap for addicts Dec 5
- Powder chair now open at Big White Dec 5