Kids raise a ton for Food Bank
Nov 15, 2012 / 5:00 am
Aberdeen Hall Preparatory School Grade 9 students at the Kelowna Community Food Bank
The recent effort to raise much needed food for the Kelowna Community Food Bank by the students of Aberdeen Hall Preparatory School was a giant success.
In total the students collected 1,387 pounds of food, which will go a long way in helping the people in the community. The Grade 9 class was proud to package all of the donations and deliver them to the Food Bank where they were also given the opportunity to tour the facility.
Ms. Dionnes's class
Students in Rutland also pitched in to help the Food Bank.
Ms. Dionne's Grade 6 class at South Rutland Elementary School raised over 1,000 pounds of food for the Kelowna Food Bank during " Scare Hunger Week."
Click here for more information on the Kelowna Food Bank.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
Okanagan Regional Library
- Bait sleds hidden around the interior Dec 11
- Christmas display going up at Kerry Park Dec 11
- Fire destroys mobile home Dec 11
- Prolific offender in custody Dec 11
- Harvey rollover shuts down traffic at Ellis Dec 10
- Hockey Night in Canada's new tune? Dec 10
- Budget will cost you additional $45 Dec 10
- Cemetery eyes cost of living increases Dec 10
- Improvements to Centennial Hall, park Dec 10
- All aboard the Santa Sleigh Bus Dec 9