Hunt continues for parolee
Nov 13, 2012 / 10:34 am
Wanted man now reported missing.
On May 26, 37-year-old Phillip Lee Lyons was on day parole as a first time federal offender when he walked away from a halfway house in Kelowna.
According to Cst. Kris Clark police issued a Canada-wide warrant and Lyons has been unlawfully at large since that time.
"Although Lyons is known to the Okanagan area he had recently expressed a desire to return to New Brunswick. The halfway house is the last place where Lyons was confirmed to have been seen and he has not contacted family since before he left," says Clark.
On October 3, Lyons was reported missing by his family. It is apparently unusual for Lyons not to have contact with this family, even when he knows he has outstanding warrants.
Clark says Lyons may still be in the Okanagan, but if he travelled back to New Brunswick, police believe that he would most likely be in either Fredericton or Doaktown.
"Lyons has a long and diverse criminal history dating back to when he was 19 years of age."
At the time of his disappearance, he was serving an eight year sentence for Robbery, Possession of a Weapon Obtained by the Commission of an Offense, Theft Under $5000 and Fail to Attend Court.
He is described as:
• 37 years of age
• 5'10", 223lbs
• Brown Hair
• Hazel Eyes
• Tattoo on his left shoulder: tribal symbols
• Tattoo on his left forearm: “Sabrina”, tribal symbol surrounding an eye, “FTC”
• Tattoo on right shoulder: Skull art
• And various tattoos on his right forearm
If you have any information regarding the whereabouts of Phillip Lee Lyons' please contact your local RCMP.
Do not approach Lyons as he may become violent. Remain anonymous by calling Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477, leaving a tip online at www.crimestoppers.net or texting your tip to CRIMES (274637) ktownlyons.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Mayor defends $800K spiffy biffy Jun 18
- Hells Angels member gets 26 months Jun 18
- Bridging the gap to detox Jun 18
- RCMP confirm suspicious death Jun 18
- Council wants say on new Cop Shop Jun 18
- Realtors donate to Gospel Mission Jun 18
- Council toasts new liquor establishment Jun 18
- City to test family alcohol zone Jun 18
- Missing teenager has been found Jun 17
- Attempted murder charges laid Jun 17