Attempted robbery in Kelowna
Nov 12, 2012 / 12:03 pm
Kelowna RCMP are on the lookout for a male suspect being sought in a string of attempted robberies in the cities Mission area this morning.
At around 6:30 a.m., a man entered the Shell gas station on Pandosy Street, showed a knife to an employee and demanded cash.
He then fled empty handed and immediately entered the adjoining MacDonald’s restaurant where he again demanded money from an employee while presenting the knife.
Eventually, he left empty handed and likely made his escape on a bicycle.
Local RCMP patrolled the area but could not locate the individual.
He is described as a white male standing approximately 5’7 and weighing 140 lbs. He wore a black ski jacket, dark hoodie, ball cap and balaclava.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Kelowna RCMP.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
Okanagan Regional Library
- Another transit driver assaulted Dec 6
- Paper carrier struck down Dec 6
- Kelowna taxpayers face hike Dec 6
- Tree of Memories honours loved ones Dec 5
- Santa goes hog wild with toy donations Dec 5
- Women's shelter launches text campaign Dec 5
- Neighbourhood crime map Dec 5
- Yacht club build behind schedule Dec 5
- New services to 'Bridge' gap for addicts Dec 5
- Powder chair now open at Big White Dec 5