Celebrate the SPCA's centennial
Nov 10, 2012 / 5:42 am
Birthday's are so much fun and the SPCA in Kelowna is having a big one.
Its been 100 years since the SPCA charter was signed in the Okanagan, and on Saturday it will be time to celebrate.
The party really started back on November 3 with the 5th Annual Gala, which raised $138,000.
This weekend from 11 a.m.- 3p.m. you can visit the Kelowna Shelter and take in the celebration, there will be a BBQ ($5 donation), a cake from PJ's Party Cakes, face painting and a multi-media presentation.
Big White's Loose Moose will be making his way down from the mountain to join Rocky and the Kelowna Rockets from 2 p.m. - 3 p.m.
You can also check out the new building that is currently being constructed. It will serve as a space for seminars and extended training for BCSPCA shelter managers and staff. It will also be used for Kids Camps, that run throughout the summer, and to host children's birthday parties and other events.
Anyone who donates $100 will be entered to win pet food for a year.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
Okanagan Regional Library
- Where will medical marijuana be grown? Dec 5
- Happy Hanukkah! Dec 5
- Holiday magic fills local theatre Dec 4
- Was there crime in your neighbourhood? Dec 4
- Transplant recipients pop in, say thanks Dec 4
- High speed crash into tree Dec 4
- Sudden death in Rutland Dec 4
- Gifts sought for children's X-mas party Dec 4
- Rotary optimistic lights will twinkle Dec 4
- Hero Mountie saves distraught woman Dec 3