Treacherous conditions on Coquihalla
Nov 9, 2012 / 5:27 am
Snow, ice and fog are causing problems for drivers on the Coquihalla between Hope and Merritt.
An accident closed the northbound lanes of Highway 5 from 11:30 Thursday night until just after 3 a.m. this morning.
The route was closed from from Exit 202, Portia Interchange to Merritt (88.3 km). DriveBC was advising people to detour via Highway 1 and Highway 3.
Here is a note from DriveBC: Highway 5 Northbound - Vehicle Recovery 15 km north of Exit 256, Kingsvale (Coldwater Road). Lane closure in effect. Updated on Fri. Nov. 9 at 3:19 a.m.
Although the route is now open drivers are advised to use caution, there is compact snow with slippery sections from Hope to Merritt.
To see the highway conditions on 97C click here.
A fatal accident also closed Hyw. 1 near Revelstoke this morning (Friday Nov. 9).
Read more BC News
- Incest father has sentence doubled
- BC NDP seeks to abolish Senate
- Driver plows SUV in grocery store
- BC strikes tentative union deals
- Teen labelled as high risk for terrorism
- Pot referendum pipe dream up in smoke
- Woman's body found in Burnaby suite
- Accused's ex-girlfriend helped sell drugs
- Grand theft vessel after ferry stolen
- Family of five submerged in river
- Highway 1 reopened
- Victim identified in Vancouver homicide
(Click for RSS instructions.)