Crushing crane incident
Nov 8, 2012 / 3:30 pm
A young man is lucky to be alive after an incident with a crane on a job site Thursday afternoon.
Cody Prescott was working on a crew that was digging up a tree stump at a private residence on Calmels Crescent when the incident occurred.
"The gentleman was on the crane platform and I guess the crane oscillated and contact was made," says RCMP Cst. Amadeo Vecchio.
The injured worker's father is Mike Prescott, he says it was his son's first day on the job.
Prescott says Cody was stretched over a portion of the crane with his legs on one side and his head on the other when the cab portion swung over him.
He says his son is expected to be okay.
Vecchio says RCMP will discuss the matter with representatives from WorkSafe BC before determining what will happen with the file.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Annual regatta is largest in BC Interior May 19
- Rutland May Day Parade video May 19
- Kasugai Gardens open into the evening May 19
- The Week in Review May 19
- Rutland May Days' information May 18
- Knox Mtn. Hill Climb crash May 18
- Gas prices spike ahead of long weekend May 18
- More eyes in the sky May 18
- Body recovered from Ok Lake May 17
- City Hall to ask elected MLAs for cash May 17