Suspect charged in home invasion
Nov 5, 2012 / 11:44 am
One man remains in custody following a Halloween night home invasion in the Capri area of Kelowna.
Keven Graham, 26, of Kelowna has been charged with Break and Enter, Using a Firearm While Committing a Crime and Armed Robbery.
Cst. Kris Clark says Graham remains in police custody. He is scheduled to appear in court again November 8.
Clark says an arrest warrant is pending approval for a second suspect.
Graham was charged after police received a report of a home invasion in the 1300 block of Belaire Avenue shortly after midnight last Wednesday.
Apparently, two men entered the home with guns and threatened the occupant. The woman was able to flee the residence and call police.
Police were able to track the suspects to a nearby house.
Clark says police have not retrieved the firearm.
He adds the home invasion doesn't 'fit the bill' of a normal home invasion.
He says there were not drugs of any sort in the home.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Last day to register for PlayOn! Kelowna May 21
- Thunderstorm watch in effect May 21
- Calling all green thumbs May 21
- Glenmore crash May 20
- Downtown stabbing mars May long May 20
- Grad party rollover May 20
- Annual regatta is largest in BC Interior May 19
- Rutland May Day Parade video May 19
- Kasugai Gardens open into the evening May 19
- The Week in Review May 19