Apparent Camp Day coin thief in jail
Nov 1, 2012 / 2:11 pm
A 23-year-old Kelowna man is in custody, charged with theft after allegedly stealing a Tim Hortons' Camp Day coin box earlier this week.
At about 10:30 a.m. Monday Kelowna RCMP received a report of theft from the Tim Hortons in the Orchard Park Mall.
Apparently at about 5 a.m. that morning, a man and a woman entered the coffee shop and, while ordering food, the man cut the security cable from the Camp Day charity coin box.
He concealed the coin box and left the scene on foot.
Video evidence revealed a suspect who was later identified and arrested for the offence.
Christopher David Katona has been charged with Theft Under $5,000 and remains in custody.
He is scheduled to appear in court November 6.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Fat Cats looking for cool cats May 23
- Victor Walk impacts Kelowna May 23
- Early morning fire May 23
- Marina moving along May 22
- Kelowna closes all sportfields May 22
- Big Red rolls through Kelowna May 22
- Greenway underpasses closed May 22
- Former Miss Kelowna earns gold May 22
- New middle school for Upper Mission May 22
- Victim services honour BC Liquor Stores May 22