Masked bandit sticks up pizzeria
Oct 31, 2012 / 4:15 pm
The Kelowna RCMP are searching for the suspect involved in an armed robbery last night (Tuesday) at a Rutland area pizzeria.
RCMP Cst. Kris Clark says police received a call shortly before 9 p.m. Tuesday of a report of a robbery that had just occurred at the Little Caesars Pizza on Highway 33 in Rutland.
Clark says witnesses stated a masked man entered the store wearing black clothing.
"He showed the employee what appeared to be a black handgun in his waistband and demanded money. The man fled the scene with a small amount of cash and was tracked by a Police Service Dog to an area a couple blocks away," says Clark.
"The track ended without capture and the man has not been located."
The suspect is described to be about 5'7" to 5'9" with a slim build. He was last seen wearing a black hoodie, black pants and a mask.
The investigation is ongoing and anyone with any information is asked to call the Kelowna RCMP at 250-762-3300 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477, online at www.crimestoppers.net or text to CRIMES (274637) ktown.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Annual regatta is largest in BC Interior May 19
- Rutland May Day Parade video May 19
- Kasugai Gardens open into the evening May 19
- The Week in Review May 19
- Rutland May Days' information May 18
- Knox Mtn. Hill Climb crash May 18
- Gas prices spike ahead of long weekend May 18
- More eyes in the sky May 18
- Body recovered from Ok Lake May 17
- City Hall to ask elected MLAs for cash May 17