Pawnshop robber gets 425 days
Oct 31, 2012 / 2:00 pm
The man who was arrested for a violent robbery at Savemore Pawnbrokers on Asher Road in Rutland back in February has finally been sentenced.
Zachary William Worrall, who's been in custody since the incident, will spend 425 more days in prison.
Police arrested Worrall at gunpoint along Highway 97 at McCurdy Road after he stole a significant amount of jewellery and fled the scene on a bike.
The 23-year-old also had assaulted the pawnshop owner by striking him in the head and arm several times.
After his release Worrall will spend two years on probation and will be prohibited from owning firearms for 10 years.
He has also been ordered to pay over $11,000 in restitution to pawnshop owner Jan Verhagen.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Annual regatta is largest in BC Interior May 19
- Rutland May Day Parade video May 19
- Kasugai Gardens open into the evening May 19
- The Week in Review May 19
- Rutland May Days' information May 18
- Knox Mtn. Hill Climb crash May 18
- Gas prices spike ahead of long weekend May 18
- More eyes in the sky May 18
- Body recovered from Ok Lake May 17
- City Hall to ask elected MLAs for cash May 17