Trial date set for Kelowna Hells Angel
Oct 31, 2012 / 1:58 pm
The trial date for a high profile Hells Angel facing assault charges was set for Dec. 3 in a Kelowna courtroom on Wednesday.
Joseph Skreptak appeared in person for the pre- trial conference where the date for the trial, expected to take three to four days, was decided on.
The trial will be before a judge and is expected to include testimony from one police officer and five civilian witnesses.
Skreptak, said to be one of the founding members of the Kelowna chapter of the Hells Angels, is charged with break and enter with intent to commit an offence, aggravated assault, assault and uttering threats to cause death or bodily harm; tied to an incident in November of 2010.
Skreptak is also facing weapons charges and possession after he and four others were pulled over for speeding in Salmon Arm. Inside the car, police found a number of firearms and a small quantity of drugs.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Kasugai Gardens open into the evening May 19
- The Week in Review May 19
- Rutland May Days' information May 18
- Knox Mtn. Hill Climb crash May 18
- Gas prices spike ahead of long weekend May 18
- More eyes in the sky May 18
- Body recovered from Ok Lake May 17
- City Hall to ask elected MLAs for cash May 17
- Cyclist hit on Baron Rd. May 16
- Collision causes gas spill May 16