Worker who fell 8 metres recovering
Oct 24, 2012 / 1:43 pm
A Kelowna construction worker who fell about eight metres from a scissor lift earlier this month remains in hospital recovering from a serious head injury.
WorkSafeBC said the man will likely remain in hospital for awhile recovering from his injuries, sustained after the fall at the Sopa Square construction site on Pandosy Street at around 2 p.m. Oct. 11.
The man, whose identity has not been released, was stripping falsework from the underside of a suspended slab of a 13-storey building.
Meanwhile, the investigation into the cause of the fall continues.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Rutland May Days' information May 18
- Gas prices spike ahead of long weekend May 18
- More eyes in the sky May 18
- Body recovered from Ok Lake May 17
- City Hall to ask elected MLAs for cash May 17
- Cyclist hit on Baron Rd. May 16
- Collision causes gas spill May 16
- Cross-dressing groper on the loose May 16
- Kelowna crime down in first quarter May 15
- Liberal triumph good for business May 15