Sports fields close for winter
Oct 24, 2012 / 1:46 pm
The City of Kelowna will close all natural turf sports fields Oct. 31 to begin winter maintenance.
Over the winter, City crews inspect sports fields to determine what repairs are required and perform annual general maintenance.
Field closures are necessary and help maintain the quality of turf for the best possible playing conditions once spring arrives.
City staff appreciates the public's support by staying off all City fields until they are opened in the spring of 2013.
Residents and sports groups can continue using the City’s outdoor artificial turf fields or the indoor fields at the Capital News Centre. Please contact Sport Kelowna at 250-469-8504 for booking information.
To view the City’s sport fields’ maintenance schedule, visit kelowna.ca/recreation.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Fat Cats looking for cool cats May 23
- Victor Walk impacts Kelowna May 23
- Early morning fire May 23
- Marina moving along May 22
- Kelowna closes all sportfields May 22
- Big Red rolls through Kelowna May 22
- Greenway underpasses closed May 22
- Former Miss Kelowna earns gold May 22
- New middle school for Upper Mission May 22
- Victim services honour BC Liquor Stores May 22