Lumber pile fire
Oct 24, 2012 / 6:48 am
Just before midnight on Tuesday the Kelowna Fire Dept. responded to a sighting of flame and smoke in the Sexsmith Rd. area. The fire was spotted by the KFD crew from Station 3, who were just wrapping up from a large garbage bin fire on Gibson Rd. on the McKenzie bench area of Rutland.
Upon arrival at 286 Campion St. command observed a fully involved pile of reclaimed lumber. A 1968 Chevy P/U truck was also on fire.
The business is insured, however the vehicle was not insured.
The KFD sent: three engines, one rescue vehicle, a command vehicle and 18 personnel. The crew was able to knock the fire down with minimal damage to any of the buildings in the area.
This fire is considered suspicious and it is under investigation.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Four taken to hospital following crash May 21
- Quiet start to the summer season May 21
- Stabbing arrest May 21
- Last day to register for PlayOn! Kelowna May 21
- Thunderstorm watch in effect May 21
- Calling all green thumbs May 21
- Glenmore crash May 20
- Grad party rollover May 20
- Annual regatta is largest in BC Interior May 19
- Rutland May Day Parade video May 19