Slash burn on Little White Mountain
Oct 22, 2012 / 7:59 pm
There is a controlled burn going on at the ridge line on Little White Mountain.
It is highly visible and BC Forestry is aware of it.
There have been in excess of 100 calls into the Kelowna Fire Dispatch centre, as well as into the BC Forestry service.
Kelowna Platoon Captain, Lawrence Serres says, "With the wet and cool weather we have been experiencing there should be no cause for alarm. Please do not call into dispatch as the volume of calls is interfering with normal operations."
Earlier in the day the fire ban was lifted for open burning.
Send your photos and videos to firstname.lastname@example.org
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Victim services honour BC Liquor Stores May 22
- New middle school for Upper Mission May 22
- Power back on in East Kelowna May 21
- Tuesday crash sends 4 to hospital May 21
- Quiet start to the summer season May 21
- Stabbing arrest May 21
- Last day to register for PlayOn! Kelowna May 21
- Thunderstorm watch in effect May 21
- Calling all green thumbs May 21
- Glenmore crash May 20